What a surprise in an incredibly difficult year! Angelus has turned out a fully mature wine that needs to be drunk up over the next 3-4 years, but notes of olive, black cherry, and currant are present, along with some leafy, fern-like, forest smells. The wine is medium-bodied, soft, and one of the undeniable successes for this miserable vintage. Anticipated maturity: Now-2007. Last tasted, 4/02. *** No estate has produced a more impressive array of wines since 1986 than l'Angelus. In what can be a light-bodied, sometimes dilute year, l'Angelus has turned out one of the vintage's stars. Exhibiting a dark ruby/purple color, a big, smoky, licorice, and herb-scented nose, and gobs of ripe, chocolatey, cassis fruit, the 1992 finishes with sweet tannin and no evidence of dilution. Charm, fatness, depth, purity, and suppleness are present in this impressive wine. Anticipated maturity: now-2004. Bravo!
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Angelus is a prominent wine estate from the appellation of Saint Emilion, located on the right bank in the wine growing region of Bordeaux, France. Until the year 1990 it was referred to as Chateau L’Angelus or just L’Angelus.
This superior Bordeaux wine was promoted in the Saint Emilion Classification of 2012, now ranking as a Premier Grand Cru Classe (A), a tribute to its consistent production of top quality wine.
Chateau Angelus also produces a second wine named Carillon d’Angelus. The entire chateau covers an area of 23.4 hectares and its annual production is just over 10,000 cases.
Premier Grand Cru Classe
Saint Emilion/right bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.