A massive, powerful Angelus, this wine exhibits a saturated black/ruby/purple color as well as an impressively-endowed nose of dried herbs, roasted meats, new saddle leather, plum liqueur, and cassis. In the mouth, olive notes make an impression. This sweet, full-bodied, exceptionally concentrated wine is atypically backward and ferociously tannic. It was revealing more sweetness and forwardness immediately prior to bottling, but I would now recommend 7-8 years of cellaring. Anticipated Maturity: 2007-2025.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Angelus is a prominent wine estate from the appellation of Saint Emilion, located on the right bank in the wine growing region of Bordeaux, France. Until the year 1990 it was referred to as Chateau L’Angelus or just L’Angelus.
This superior Bordeaux wine was promoted in the Saint Emilion Classification of 2012, now ranking as a Premier Grand Cru Classe (A), a tribute to its consistent production of top quality wine.
Chateau Angelus also produces a second wine named Carillon d’Angelus. The entire chateau covers an area of 23.4 hectares and its annual production is just over 10,000 cases.
Premier Grand Cru Classe
Saint Emilion/right bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.