A dazzling effort, the 1998 boasts an opaque purple color in addition to an exceptional bouquet of smoke, licorice, plums, black raspberries, and blackberries. As the wine sits in the glass, coffee and chocolate also emerge. Full-bodied, flamboyant, well-delineated, and beautifully balanced as well as layered, with well-integrated tannin in the powerful, rich finish, this 1998 will be at its best between 2003-2020.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Angelus is a prominent wine estate from the appellation of Saint Emilion, located on the right bank in the wine growing region of Bordeaux, France. Until the year 1990 it was referred to as Chateau L’Angelus or just L’Angelus.
This superior Bordeaux wine was promoted in the Saint Emilion Classification of 2012, now ranking as a Premier Grand Cru Classe (A), a tribute to its consistent production of top quality wine.
Chateau Angelus also produces a second wine named Carillon d’Angelus. The entire chateau covers an area of 23.4 hectares and its annual production is just over 10,000 cases.
Premier Grand Cru Classe
Saint Emilion/right bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.