A successful offering for the vintage, the 2002 exhibits a deep ruby/purple/plum color as well as a sweet, forward style with black fruits intermixed with espresso roast, lavender, and Provencal herbs. Medium to full-bodied, lush, and round, with fine purity, ripeness, and surprising body and sweetness for a right bank 2002, it can be drunk now or cellared for 12-15 years. *** A somewhat atypical Angelus given the high percentage of Cabernet Franc (47%, along with 50% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Sauvignon), this 2002 displays great class as well as potential complexity. Its blue/purple color is accompanied by a big, elegant, sweet wine that combines finesse with power and authority. Because of the high amount of Cabernet Franc, it may turn out to be one of the most aromatically compelling Angelus offerings to date. There is also robust tannin apparent in the long, medium to full-bodied finish. It is unquestionably one of St.-Emilion’s most complete, concentrated, and provocative wines of 2002. Anticipated maturity: 2008-2020
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Angelus is a prominent wine estate from the appellation of Saint Emilion, located on the right bank in the wine growing region of Bordeaux, France. Until the year 1990 it was referred to as Chateau L’Angelus or just L’Angelus.
This superior Bordeaux wine was promoted in the Saint Emilion Classification of 2012, now ranking as a Premier Grand Cru Classe (A), a tribute to its consistent production of top quality wine.
Chateau Angelus also produces a second wine named Carillon d’Angelus. The entire chateau covers an area of 23.4 hectares and its annual production is just over 10,000 cases.
Premier Grand Cru Classe
Saint Emilion/right bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.