This 7,000 case blend of 60% Merlot and 40% Cabernet Franc will rival or perhaps eclipse vintages such as 2000, 1998, 1990, and 1989. Its dense purple color is followed by an extraordinary perfume of charcoal, espresso roast, blackberries, blueberries, and a hint of wood. In spite of its thick texture, terrific acidity, high tannins, and enormous intensity as well as richness, it is surprisingly approachable, but given how slowly the 1989 and 1990 have aged, I would recommend cellaring it for 8-10 years. It should keep for three decades. A brilliant wine!
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Angelus is a prominent wine estate from the appellation of Saint Emilion, located on the right bank in the wine growing region of Bordeaux, France. Until the year 1990 it was referred to as Chateau L’Angelus or just L’Angelus.
This superior Bordeaux wine was promoted in the Saint Emilion Classification of 2012, now ranking as a Premier Grand Cru Classe (A), a tribute to its consistent production of top quality wine.
Chateau Angelus also produces a second wine named Carillon d’Angelus. The entire chateau covers an area of 23.4 hectares and its annual production is just over 10,000 cases.
Premier Grand Cru Classe
Saint Emilion/right bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.