A pleasant surprise when I think of what proprietor Alain Vauthier has done over the last decade, the outstanding 1982 Ausone exhibits plenty of licorice, fruitcake, mineral, kirsch, and black fruit characteristics. Medium-bodied and elegant with a touch of austerity at the finish, it should be consumed over the next 10 years. Re;ease price: ($320.00/case)
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Ausone is a Bordeaux wine estate from the Saint Emilion appellation, situated in the Saint Emilion region in Bordeaux, France. It is one of only four wines, alongside Chateau Angelus, Cheval Blanc and Pavie to be ranked Premier Grand Cru Classe (A) in the Saint-Emilion classification for wine. The winery is located on the Right Bank of France’s Bordeaux wine region. The winery also produces a second wine named Chapelle d’Ausone.
Many claim the high quality wine originating from the Chateau is due to the soil composition in the area, a blend of sand and clay residing on limestone which is unique to the area. Due to the smaller nature of this vineyard (a total of 7 hectares), the entire harvest can be picked over the course of two afternoons.
2,000 - 2,500 cases
Premier Grand Cru Classe (A)
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.