A fine wine, this dark purple-colored effort reveals black raspberry, blackberry, mineral, and floral aromas in its complex, multidimensional bouquet. In the mouth, it is medium-bodied, with sweet, ripe fruit, firm tannin, good acidity, and a long, well-endowed, moderately tannic finish. Moreover, it will be a long-lived wine. Anticipated maturity: 2007-2020. *** An impressively-extracted wine, the 1997 was revealing copious black currant fruit in addition to floral and toasty smells. The color is a saturated dark ruby/purple, and the wine is ripe with low acidity as well as high tannin. Very rich for the vintage, with a pronounced sweet mid-palate, it appears to have considerable promise. Anticipated maturity: 2007-2025.
Chateau Ausone is a Bordeaux wine estate from the Saint Emilion appellation, situated in the Saint Emilion region in Bordeaux, France. It is one of only four wines, alongside Chateau Angelus, Cheval Blanc and Pavie to be ranked Premier Grand Cru Classe (A) in the Saint-Emilion classification for wine. The winery is located on the Right Bank of France’s Bordeaux wine region. The winery also produces a second wine named Chapelle d’Ausone.
Many claim the high quality wine originating from the Chateau is due to the soil composition in the area, a blend of sand and clay residing on limestone which is unique to the area. Due to the smaller nature of this vineyard (a total of 7 hectares), the entire harvest can be picked over the course of two afternoons.
2,000 - 2,500 cases
Premier Grand Cru Classe (A)
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.