The finest Beychevelle since the 2003 and probably since the 1982, Beychevelle’s 2009 is opaque purple in color, with a beautiful, floral nose intermixed with black currant fruit, licorice, cedar wood and Christmas fruitcake. Full-bodied yet still elegant and pure, this wine has velvety tannins, a broad, savory mouthfeel, and a very long finish. There is plenty of tannin behind the extravagant fruit, glycerin and texture of this wine, but it is largely concealed. This wine could actually turn out to be even better than my relatively conservative tasting note. Anticipated maturity: 2020-2042.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Beychevelle is a prominent wine estate situated in the Saint Julien appellation in Bordeaux, France. The wine is classified with Fourth Growth status since the official Bordeaux wine classification of 1855. Chateau Beychevelle also produces a second wine labeled Amiral de Beychevelle.
The name Beychevelle originates from the expression “Baisse-Vaille” meaning “lower sails”, a result of the chateau’s ownership by the Duc d’Eperon, admiral of France in the 16th century. Consequently, the label of this luxurious wine boasts an impressive galley ship with a large sail.
Chateau Beychevelle’s vineyards span an impressive 90 hectares of the Left Bank in Bordeaux, with a grape composition of around 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc and 4% Petit Verdot. The production process sees this rich and smooth fine wine mature in oak barrels for 18 months, half of which are renewed every year.
40,000 - 50,000 cases
Saint Julien/Left Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.