Just approaching full maturity, this St.-Emilion offers a delicious combination of aromatics and flavors, including kirsh, cherries, minerals, and smoky oak, as well as a soft, medium-bodied, lush, mellow, and nicely textured palate. This charming, rich, stylish wine is now at its plateau of maturity. Anticipated maturity: Now-2007. Last tasted 12/97 *** The 1985 reveals a deep ruby color, as well as an intense fragrance of oak combined with aromas of ripe cherries, vanillin, and herbs. The wine is rich, medium-bodied, expansive, and alcoholic, with plenty of tannin in the finish. Anticipated maturity: 1995-2007. Last tasted, 1/93.
Chateau Canon is a highly esteemed wine production estate in the Saint Emilion appellation of Bordeaux, France. Originally referred to as Clos St-Martin, this top Bordeaux fine wine is ranked among the Premier Grand Crus Classe B, as designated by the classification of Saint Emilion wine.
Chateau Canon, located in the south west of Saint Emilion, is a neighbor to other renowned wine estates like Chateau Magdelaine, Chateau La Gaffeliere and Chateau Ausone. The vineyard surface measures around 21.5 hectares, with a grape selection of 60% Merlot and 40% Cabernet Franc.
Since the early 20th century, Chateau Canon has been rated as one of the best Saint Emilion wines; in total, around 7,500 – 9,000 cases are produced each year, of both the first wine Chateau Canon as well as the second wine Clos de Canon.
7,500 - 9,000 cases
Premier Grand Cru Classe (B)
Saint Emilion/Right Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.