The Fournier family that has run Canon for decades sold the property in 1996 to Chanel, purchasers of the famed Margaux estate, Rauzan-Segla, several years ago. Needless to say, this estate's disappointing efforts over recent years should be reversed. The cellars are being renovated, and with the installation of the capable team of John Kolasa and David Orr, this estate should rebound quickly. In addition to being austere, lean, and unappealing on the palate, this wine is marred by damp wood, wet cardboard, musty, corked-like aromas that are similar to those afflicting the 1993. It is a very disappointing effort.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Canon is a highly esteemed wine production estate in the Saint Emilion appellation of Bordeaux, France. Originally referred to as Clos St-Martin, this top Bordeaux fine wine is ranked among the Premier Grand Crus Classe B, as designated by the classification of Saint Emilion wine.
Chateau Canon, located in the south west of Saint Emilion, is a neighbor to other renowned wine estates like Chateau Magdelaine, Chateau La Gaffeliere and Chateau Ausone. The vineyard surface measures around 21.5 hectares, with a grape selection of 60% Merlot and 40% Cabernet Franc.
Since the early 20th century, Chateau Canon has been rated as one of the best Saint Emilion wines; in total, around 7,500 – 9,000 cases are produced each year, of both the first wine Chateau Canon as well as the second wine Clos de Canon.
7,500 - 9,000 cases
Premier Grand Cru Classe (B)
Saint Emilion/Right Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.