70% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Franc. Medium-deep garnet. Intense aromas of warm plums and blackberries plus pronounced spiciness - cinnamon, allspice and cardamom. Mocha. A faint (pleasant) whiff of VA. Medium to high acid, really nice concentration, medium+ level of fine tannins, long finish. *** With a saturated deep ruby color, but less intense than some other St.-Emilions, this is probably the best Canon in a number of years. It is still made in a relatively austere, tannic style, but strong black cherry and loamy soil notes intermixed with some licorice and background subtle oak lead to a rich, elegant, stylish effort that is closed and in need of cellaring. Give this wine, which clearly reveals the minerality of this top-notch vineyard, at least 7-8 years of bottle age and drink it over the following 20-25 years.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Canon is a highly esteemed wine production estate in the Saint Emilion appellation of Bordeaux, France. Originally referred to as Clos St-Martin, this top Bordeaux fine wine is ranked among the Premier Grand Crus Classe B, as designated by the classification of Saint Emilion wine.
Chateau Canon, located in the south west of Saint Emilion, is a neighbor to other renowned wine estates like Chateau Magdelaine, Chateau La Gaffeliere and Chateau Ausone. The vineyard surface measures around 21.5 hectares, with a grape selection of 60% Merlot and 40% Cabernet Franc.
Since the early 20th century, Chateau Canon has been rated as one of the best Saint Emilion wines; in total, around 7,500 – 9,000 cases are produced each year, of both the first wine Chateau Canon as well as the second wine Clos de Canon.
7,500 - 9,000 cases
Premier Grand Cru Classe (B)
Saint Emilion/Right Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.