An elegant, attractive blend of 75% Merlot and 25% Cabernet Franc cropped at 35 hectoliters per hectare, this wine tips the scales at 15% natural alcohol which, given the more elegant style sought at Canon, tells readers a lot about how powerful the 2010 vintage was across all the appellations of Bordeaux. Exhibiting plenty of raspberry, blueberry and black cherry fruit as well as some crushed rock/chalky minerality and a floral note, this very impressive Canon is backward, structured and precise. Give it 7-8 years of bottle age and drink it over the following three decades. Canon’s vineyard measures 50+ acres, and the wine is looked after by well-known consultant Gilles Pauquet.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Canon is a highly esteemed wine production estate in the Saint Emilion appellation of Bordeaux, France. Originally referred to as Clos St-Martin, this top Bordeaux fine wine is ranked among the Premier Grand Crus Classe B, as designated by the classification of Saint Emilion wine.
Chateau Canon, located in the south west of Saint Emilion, is a neighbor to other renowned wine estates like Chateau Magdelaine, Chateau La Gaffeliere and Chateau Ausone. The vineyard surface measures around 21.5 hectares, with a grape selection of 60% Merlot and 40% Cabernet Franc.
Since the early 20th century, Chateau Canon has been rated as one of the best Saint Emilion wines; in total, around 7,500 – 9,000 cases are produced each year, of both the first wine Chateau Canon as well as the second wine Clos de Canon.
7,500 - 9,000 cases
Premier Grand Cru Classe (B)
Saint Emilion/Right Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.