Cheval Blanc 1993
Chateau Cheval Blanc
Dark ruby with a purple hue, this appealing style of Cheval Blanc offers the tell-tale nose of sweet black fruits, coconut, vanilla, and a touch of menthol. The wine is medium-bodied, elegant, purely made, and while it lacks volume and richness in the mouth, it is soft, delicious, and typical of this property's wines. This tasty, charming 1993 should drink well for 7-8 years. *** Medium dark ruby-colored, with sweet scents of cassis, mulberries, menthol, and smoky new oak, this medium-bodied wine reveals fine concentration, as well as elevated tannin in the finish. The tannin gives the wine a dry, angular, compact personality. It will be interesting to see how this wine behaves after bottling. Will fining bring everything into balance, at the same time cutting the intrusive tannin level?
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Cheval Blanc
Chateau Cheval Blanc is a premier wine estate based in Bordeaux, France, located on the right bank in the Saint Emilion Region. The French words ‘Cheval Blanc’ translate to ‘White Horse Castle’, and as of 2012 the prestigious wine producer is only one of four to be classified as Premier Grand Cru Classe (A) in the Saint Emilion classification of wine.
The winery also produces a second wine labeled Le Petit Cheval, also a top rated wine in the industry. The vineyard is renowned for having three distinct characteristics: Pomerol, due to its location right on the boundary, Graves due to the soil composition (gravelly soil) and the remainder is drawn from Saint Emilion. The vineyard of Chateau Cheval Blanc comprises of around 41 hectares, and it produces just under 9,000 cases of wine a year.
6,000 - 7,000 cases
Premier Grand Cru Classe (A)
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.