Approaching full maturity, this is one of the great sleepers of the vintage and a wine to search out on restaurant wine lists and at auction. Phenomenally concentrated for the vintage, Clinet’s 1987 still has a dense plum/garnet/purple color and a gorgeously sweet nose of cedar, truffles, caramel, violets, black currants, and licorice. Surprisingly full-bodied, powerful, and concentrated, the 1987 Clinet seems somewhat magical in terms of the quality this vintage produced elsewhere. A brilliant effort. Anticipated maturity: Now-2007. Last tasted, 10/02.
Chateau Clinet is a top wine estate located in the Pomerol Appellation, around 40km from Bordeaux, France. Although it is a premier wine, for both consumption and investment, its status remains unclassified, as with all wines originating from this region.
The total area of the vineyard of Chateau Clinet spans just over 8 hectares; the terroir renowned for being one of the best in the entire Pomerol region. The grape composition for Chateau Clinet is 85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc. The ageing of the fine wines is processed in 60% new oak barrels and 40% one-wine oak barrels.
Chateau Clinet should not be confused with Chateau L’Eglise Clinet, another independent winery based in Bordeaux, France.
3,000 - 4,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.