Since 1987, this estate has consistently produced one of the most concentrated and complex wines in Bordeaux. The decision by Jean-Michel Arcaute and oenologist Michel Rolland to (1) limit yields, (2) harvest physiologically ripe grapes with an element of sur-maturitie, and (3) bottle the wine without fining or filtration has resulted in a bevy of splendid wines where the terroir and varietal composition are fully expressed. A saturated plummy color is followed by a wine with considerable fat, lushness, and power. One of the most concentrated 1993s, this wine is reminiscent of the gorgeous 1987 Clinet. The 1993 offers copious amounts of jammy cassis/cherry aromas and flavors intermixed with earth, truffles, and tobacco. Smoke and licorice also make an appearance in the wine's flavor profile. This is a delicious, complex, medium to full-bodied, surprisingly top-notch effort in a so-so vintage. Anticipated maturity: now-2012.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Clinet is a top wine estate located in the Pomerol Appellation, around 40km from Bordeaux, France. Although it is a premier wine, for both consumption and investment, its status remains unclassified, as with all wines originating from this region.
The total area of the vineyard of Chateau Clinet spans just over 8 hectares; the terroir renowned for being one of the best in the entire Pomerol region. The grape composition for Chateau Clinet is 85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc. The ageing of the fine wines is processed in 60% new oak barrels and 40% one-wine oak barrels.
Chateau Clinet should not be confused with Chateau L’Eglise Clinet, another independent winery based in Bordeaux, France.
3,000 - 4,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.