Inky purple/garnet-colored, with an outrageously intense nose of black truffles, licorice, cedar, and black fruits, this phenomenally extracted wine borders on being too concentrated for its own good. This massive, huge wine possesses 20-25 years of potential longevity. The fruit’s remarkable intensity and purity, as well as the liqueur-like richness and unctuosity are something to experience. This is an exceptionally dense, massively-endowed, controversial style of Pomerol that will reward those with patience. The tannins are strong, but so is the extract level. Anticipated maturity: 2004-2025. Last tasted, 12/01.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Clinet is a top wine estate located in the Pomerol Appellation, around 40km from Bordeaux, France. Although it is a premier wine, for both consumption and investment, its status remains unclassified, as with all wines originating from this region.
The total area of the vineyard of Chateau Clinet spans just over 8 hectares; the terroir renowned for being one of the best in the entire Pomerol region. The grape composition for Chateau Clinet is 85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc. The ageing of the fine wines is processed in 60% new oak barrels and 40% one-wine oak barrels.
Chateau Clinet should not be confused with Chateau L’Eglise Clinet, another independent winery based in Bordeaux, France.
3,000 - 4,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.