The blend is largely dominated by 85% Merlot, with some Cabernet Sauvignon and a small amount of Cabernet Franc also included. Inky/purple-colored, the wine has an exceptionally full-bodied, layered, moderately tannic mouthfeel and impressive power. Loads of melted chocolate/fudge and black fruits galore along with some coffee bean, mocha, as well as some background oak are all present in this big, formidably endowed, masculine style of Pomerol that will take longer to shed its tannin than the 2009. I would give this wine 5-6 years of cellaring and drink it over the following 30+ years. The 2010 is another fabulous effort from this estate of just over 20 acres located in the sector named the same as the chateau, Clinet. Modest yields of 38 hectoliters per hectare produced a final blend that hit 14.4% natural alcohol.
Chateau Clinet is a top wine estate located in the Pomerol Appellation, around 40km from Bordeaux, France. Although it is a premier wine, for both consumption and investment, its status remains unclassified, as with all wines originating from this region.
The total area of the vineyard of Chateau Clinet spans just over 8 hectares; the terroir renowned for being one of the best in the entire Pomerol region. The grape composition for Chateau Clinet is 85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc. The ageing of the fine wines is processed in 60% new oak barrels and 40% one-wine oak barrels.
Chateau Clinet should not be confused with Chateau L’Eglise Clinet, another independent winery based in Bordeaux, France.
3,000 - 4,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.