Clinet has produced a blockbuster wine, even in the lighter, less consistent vintage of 2011. It reveals a dense purple color as well as an abundance of black cherry, black currant and blackberry fruit intermixed with licorice, incense and a touch of camphor. Full-bodied, opulent and fleshy with a substantial finish, this showy, dramatic 2011 should drink well for 15-20 years. Brilliant!
Chateau Clinet is a top wine estate located in the Pomerol Appellation, around 40km from Bordeaux, France. Although it is a premier wine, for both consumption and investment, its status remains unclassified, as with all wines originating from this region.
The total area of the vineyard of Chateau Clinet spans just over 8 hectares; the terroir renowned for being one of the best in the entire Pomerol region. The grape composition for Chateau Clinet is 85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon and 5% Cabernet Franc. The ageing of the fine wines is processed in 60% new oak barrels and 40% one-wine oak barrels.
Chateau Clinet should not be confused with Chateau L’Eglise Clinet, another independent winery based in Bordeaux, France.
3,000 - 4,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.