Cos d'Estournel 2011
Chateau Cos d'Estournel
The 2011 Cos d’Estournel exhibits a dense ruby/purple color and sweet, toasty, oaky notes intermixed with floral and forest floor characteristics. The complex aromatics suggest this is a top success in 2011. In the mouth, the wine is slightly more compact than one would find in a great vintage, such as 2009 and 2010, but it has impressive richness for the vintage as well as light to moderate tannin and admirable purity. It will benefit from 2-5 years of cellaring, and should keep for 15-20 years. Only 30% of the production was utilized for Cos D’Estournel, a blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 5% Cabernet Franc.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Cos d'Estournel
Chateau Cos d’Estournel is a prestigious winery based in the Saint Estephe appellation in Bordeaux, France. As deemed by the Official Bordeaux Classification of 1855, the chateau’s premier red wine (with the same name) holds the rank of Second Growth. The fine wine estate is a neighbor of Chateau Lafite Rothschild in the adjacent commune of Pauillac.
Chateau Cos d’Estournel, along with the first wine, also produces a second wine labeled Les Pagodes de Cos, and a further wine known as Chateau Marbuzet. The name “Cos” signifies a “hill of pebbles” in Gascon dialect. The chateau’s full name was given by Louis-Gaspard d’Estournel in 1810.
The entire estate of Cos d’Estournel covers around 100 hectares, with the vinyards spanning around 70 hectares split into subdivisions. The grape composition of this top chateau contains around 60% Cabernet Sauvignon and 40% Merlot, with a petit selection of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot. In total, Chateau Cos d’Estournel produces around 32,000 cases of fine wine on a yearly basis.
30,000 - 32,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.