Duhart Milon 1994
Chateau Duhart Milon
Dense color saturation is impressive, but this 1994 is astringent, austere, and severe in style. Unlike its bigger sibling, Lafite-Rothschild, the Duhart does not possess enough ripeness, weight, or sweetness in the finish, suggesting it will dry out, becoming too emaciated and attenuated with another 5-8 years of cellaring. *** The 1994 is a medium-weight, good claret - fruity, cleanly made, with weedy, spicy Cabernet fruit, decent acidity, and firm tannin in the finish. While it will never provide exciting drinking, it is a competent wine that will last for 10-15 years. * Although the Rothschilds continue to argue that they are upgrading the quality of this estate, the wine remains irregular, displaying nearly exceptional character in some vintages, but lacking the extra dimension of intensity and richness in other years. * All of the wines in this segment were tasted between March 19 and March 28 in Bordeaux. Most of the important wines from both the 1994 and 1995 vintages were tasted three separate times during my ten-day stay in Bordeaux.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Duhart Milon
Chateau Duhart Milon is a world famous wine production estate based in the Pauillac appellation of Bordeaux, France. Currently it holds the rank of Fourth Growth according to the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855.
The vineyards for Chateau Duhart Milon spans an area of 73 hectares, planted primarily with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc; around 20,000 - 25,000 cases of Duhart Milon are produced on an annual basis.
Along with the primary wine Duhart Milon, a second wine labeled Moulin de Duhart is also in production under the supervision of the general manager Charles Chevallier.
20,000 - 25,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.