Duhart Milon 2009
Chateau Duhart Milon
A blend of 63% Cabernet Sauvignon and 37% Merlot, it displays an inky/blue/purple color as well as a big, sweet nose of creme de cassis, forest floor, licorice, lead pencil, cedar and subtle barrique smells. Viscous and full-bodied, it is the most concentrated and broadest example of this cuvee I have tasted in over three decades. It will be ready to drink in 5-7 years and should last for three decades or more. Consumers looking to maximize value should be checking out Duhart Milon, as this may be the single smartest purchase in this great and historic vintage! * Since few consumers other than Chinese billionaires can afford wines such as Lafite Rothschild, perhaps it is time for readers to take a look at Duhart Milon, which sells for less than Lafite’s second wine. The Rothschilds have invested heavily in resurrecting this property to near super-star status, and the 2009 appears to be the finest Duhart I have ever tasted.
Chateau Duhart Milon
Chateau Duhart Milon is a world famous wine production estate based in the Pauillac appellation of Bordeaux, France. Currently it holds the rank of Fourth Growth according to the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855.
The vineyards for Chateau Duhart Milon spans an area of 73 hectares, planted primarily with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc; around 20,000 - 25,000 cases of Duhart Milon are produced on an annual basis.
Along with the primary wine Duhart Milon, a second wine labeled Moulin de Duhart is also in production under the supervision of the general manager Charles Chevallier.
20,000 - 25,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.