1990: An extraordinary effort, Yquem's 1990 is a rich and fabulously superb, sweet wine. This wine also possesses lots of elegance and finesse. The wine's medium gold color is accompanied by an exceptionally sweet nose of honeyed tropical fruits, peaches, coconut, and apricots. High quality, subtle toasty oak is well-integrated. The wine is massive on the palate, with layers of intensely ripe botrytis-tinged, exceptionally sweet fruit. Surprisingly well-integrated acidity, and a seamless, full-bodied power and richness have created a wine of remarkable harmony and purity. Certainly it is one of the richest Yquems I have ever tasted, with 50-100 years of potential longevity. An awesome Yquem! Anticipated maturity: 2003-2050+.
Chateau d’Yquem is an esteemed wine estate located in Sauternes – the Gironde region in the southern area of Bordeaux, France – also referred to as Graves. The main wine from Chateau d’Yquem is rated Premier Cru Superieur from the official Bordeaux Classification of 1855. Furthermore, it was the only wine from the Sauternes region to receive this status – an indication of its superiority and high value.
Chateau d’Yquem also produces a second wine, a dry white labeled Ygrec. The distinctive characteristics of Chateau d’Yquem are the complexity, sweetness and concentration of the wines. Moreover, it is known for its longetivity; under proper storage and well cared for, bottles can last over a century.
5,000 - 6,000 cases
Premier Cru Superieur
Graves - Left Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.