Tasted single blind against its peers. Under blind conditions, the Yquem 2007 shines like a diamond. Nevertheless, it is initially rather taciturn on the nose, eventually opening up beautifully with touches of lemon curd, Mirabelle, and clear honey. The palate is medium-bodied with very fine definition and there seems to be a great deal of energy and vigor dispensed for your pleasure. There is such race and nervosity, and then that finish just purrs with harmony and focus. This Yquem feels just so alive and vivacious, yet there is an effortless quality here that is unmatched by its peers. Tasted January 2011.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau d’Yquem is an esteemed wine estate located in Sauternes – the Gironde region in the southern area of Bordeaux, France – also referred to as Graves. The main wine from Chateau d’Yquem is rated Premier Cru Superieur from the official Bordeaux Classification of 1855. Furthermore, it was the only wine from the Sauternes region to receive this status – an indication of its superiority and high value.
Chateau d’Yquem also produces a second wine, a dry white labeled Ygrec. The distinctive characteristics of Chateau d’Yquem are the complexity, sweetness and concentration of the wines. Moreover, it is known for its longetivity; under proper storage and well cared for, bottles can last over a century.
5,000 - 6,000 cases
Premier Cru Superieur
Graves - Left Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.