A minty, herbal characteristic combines with scents of incense, black currants, cherries, smoke, and licorice in this complex, pure 2001. It was a bit closed on the three occasions I tasted it, but it was certainly medium-bodied and elegant, with loads of nobility/pedigree, and the potential to be outstanding. Give it 1-2 years of cellaring, and drink it over the following 12-15. *** It is no surprise that when tasted immediately prior to bottling this wine exhibited far more weight, texture, and depth of fruit than it did previously. Deep ruby/plum, with a sweet nose of black raspberries, blackberries, plum, and licorice, this medium-bodied, elegant Figeac exhibits good sweetness, plenty of precocious complexity, and a ripe, long, nicely textured finish. As I predicted early on, it has developed more weight and texture, as this wine and its nearby neighbor, Cheval Blanc, so often do. Anticipated maturity: 2006-2018.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Figeac is a highly rated wine production estate based in the Saint Emilion region of Bordeaux, France. The primary wine Chateau Figeac is classified as Premier Grand Cru Classe (B) as per the official classification of Saint Emilion wine.
Although Chateau Figeac is a prominent right bank wine, many describe it as having the characteristics of fine wines from the Medoc and Graves, most likely due to the grape selection. Chateau Figeac contains around 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc and 30% Merlot; whereas most Saint Emilion wines have a higher percentage of Merlot, this elite fine wine is far more balanced.
Chateau Figeac is the largest winery in Saint Emilion, spanning around 40 hectares of pure vineyards, and the annual production of its primary wine is around 10,000 cases. The estate also has a second wine in production since 1945 labeled La Grange Nueve de Figeac.
Premier Grand Cru Classe (B)
Saint Emilion/Right Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.