Haut Brion 1986
Chateau Haut Brion
This wine continues to be backward, but the bouquet is beginning to develop secondary nuances from roasted herbs and sweet cigar tobacco to compost, leathery notes, along with plenty of sweet cherry and black currant fruit. I had somewhat higher hopes for it a decade ago. The wine is still youthful, quite pure, medium to full-bodied, but somewhat elevated, austere tannins in the finish at age 16 are starting to make me think they will never become fully integrated. As always, making a judgment call on a wine destined to have a half-century of life is sometimes difficult, given the varying stages it goes through, but I wonder if this wine will turn out to be as profound as I once predicted. Anticipated maturity: 2008-2030. Last tasted, 11/02.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Haut Brion
Chateau Haut Brion is a French wine production estate of the highest grade; its premier wine Haut Brion being classified as Premier Cru Classe (First Growth). The winery is situated in Talence, in the North of the wine growing region of Graves. It is the only wine of the five first growths that falls under the Pessac-Leognan appellation.
The wine estate Chateau Haut Brion also produces a second wine labeled Le Clarence de Haut Brion, since the year 2007 as it was formerly known as Bahans Haut Brion. Additionally, this prestigious Chateau also produces a dry white referred to as Haut Brion Blanc, and a further dry white wine labeled Les Plantiers du Haut Brion, relabeled as La Clarte de Haut Brion since the 2008 vintage.
10,000 - 12,000 cases
First Growth – Premier Cru Classe
Graves - Left Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.