Haut Brion 2006
Chateau Haut Brion
The 2006 Haut-Brion performed even better from bottle than it did from barrel. Sixty-four percent of the production went into this wine, and while it displays the vintage’s powerful tannins and structure, it possesses superb concentration, and the minerality/scorched earth notes of a great Haut-Brion. Medium to full-bodied, with perhaps not quite the fleshiness of the 2005 or 2000, it is built more along the lines of the 1998 and 1996. It is a brilliant effort displaying sensational purity, texture, and length that should be exceptionally long-lived. Anticipated maturity: 2017-2035 .
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Haut Brion
Chateau Haut Brion is a French wine production estate of the highest grade; its premier wine Haut Brion being classified as Premier Cru Classe (First Growth). The winery is situated in Talence, in the North of the wine growing region of Graves. It is the only wine of the five first growths that falls under the Pessac-Leognan appellation.
The wine estate Chateau Haut Brion also produces a second wine labeled Le Clarence de Haut Brion, since the year 2007 as it was formerly known as Bahans Haut Brion. Additionally, this prestigious Chateau also produces a dry white referred to as Haut Brion Blanc, and a further dry white wine labeled Les Plantiers du Haut Brion, relabeled as La Clarte de Haut Brion since the 2008 vintage.
10,000 - 12,000 cases
First Growth – Premier Cru Classe
Graves - Left Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.