La Conseillante 2000
Chateau La Conseillante
La Conseillante made an excellent wine in 2001, another great one in 2005, and the estate hit home runs in both 2008 and, above all, in 2009. In fact, the latter vintage may well end up being the modern-day reference point for La Conseillante. Nevertheless, there’s a lot to be said for this 2000. An elegant, gentle style that is never a blockbuster, the 2000 La Conseillante has a deep ruby/plum/purple color and an unbelievably expressive nose of sweet kirsch liqueur intermixed with raspberries, incense, toast, and licorice. Full-bodied yet ethereal in the sense that it seems to combine power along with eloquence and delicacy, this is a beautifully pure wine that has just hit its plateau of full maturity, although ideally I think it would benefit strongly from another 4-5 years of bottle age and drink well for two to three decades.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau La Conseillante
Chateau La Conseillante is a producer of high quality fine wine, based in the Pomerol appellation in Bordeaux, France. Previously, it used to be referred to as Chateau Conseillante, or just La Conseillante. Even though all wines from this appellation remain unclassified, this right bank winery is renowned for producing exceptional wines.
Chateau La Conseillante is an estate stretching 12 hectares on the eastern region of the Pomerol Appellation. It is sandwiched by several other prominent chateaux like Cheval Blanc, L’evangile and Vieux Chateau Certan, to name a few. Currently, the winery remains the property of the Nicolas family.
Common to the fine wines produced in this region, the grape composition is heavy on the Merlot - 80%, with 20% Cabernet Franc. On average, Chateau La Conseillante produces around 5,000 cases of wine each year; 4,000 of its primary wine, and 1,000 of its second wine labeled Duo de Conseillante.
4,000 - 5,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.