La Conseillante 2006
Chateau La Conseillante
The 2006 is relatively forward and seductive, as one expects La Conseillante to be, with a dark ruby/purple-tinged color and a beautifully sweet nose of black raspberries, plums, kirsch, cedar, and licorice. A broad, savory, seductive, full-bodied mouthfeel with superb ripeness, silky tannins, and terrific complexity make this an ethereal style of Pomerol. A must taste. Drink it over the next 15+ years. * La Conseillante has been doing everything very well since the turn of this century, and this is another example of just how strong these wines are. For older readers, the great vintages of the past (1982, 1985, 1989, and 1990) are a quintessentially seductive style of Pomerol that seems to represent a hybrid blend of a grand cru red Burgundy and a top terroir from Bordeaux.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau La Conseillante
Chateau La Conseillante is a producer of high quality fine wine, based in the Pomerol appellation in Bordeaux, France. Previously, it used to be referred to as Chateau Conseillante, or just La Conseillante. Even though all wines from this appellation remain unclassified, this right bank winery is renowned for producing exceptional wines.
Chateau La Conseillante is an estate stretching 12 hectares on the eastern region of the Pomerol Appellation. It is sandwiched by several other prominent chateaux like Cheval Blanc, L’evangile and Vieux Chateau Certan, to name a few. Currently, the winery remains the property of the Nicolas family.
Common to the fine wines produced in this region, the grape composition is heavy on the Merlot - 80%, with 20% Cabernet Franc. On average, Chateau La Conseillante produces around 5,000 cases of wine each year; 4,000 of its primary wine, and 1,000 of its second wine labeled Duo de Conseillante.
4,000 - 5,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.