Lafite Rothschild 2012
Chateau Lafite Rothschild
The classically styled 2012 exhibits attractive elegance, medium body and outstanding concentration, but not the complexity and depth or prodigious qualities of many other recent Lafites. It is a relatively soft, spicy effort displaying notes of crushed rocks, white chocolate, black currants and graphite. It should be drinkable in 5-8 years and last for two decades. Charles Chevalier was candid in saying that the tropical heat wave, along with the poor flowering resulted in intense labor in the vineyard and during the harvest where triage was the operative word, and had to be done thoroughly and consistently. The 2012 Lafite Rothschild, a blend of 91% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8.5% Merlot and 0.5% Petit Verdot, was the result of a harvest that took place between September 28 and October 9 for the Merlot, October 9-16 for the Cabernet Sauvignon. The small amount of Cabernet Franc included in the Carruades de Lafite was harvested on October 11 - 12. Only 38% of the production made it into the grand vin. If the 2012 fills out completely it could turn out similar to the 1998 Lafite.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Lafite Rothschild
Chateau Lafite Rothschild is one of the most famous and prestigious wine producing estates in the world. It is based in the Medoc, on the left bank of the Gironde River, situated in Bordeaux France, and has been under the ownership of the wealthy Rothschild family since the 19th century.
The fine wine Lafite Rothschild was one of the first to attain “first growth” status in the 1855 Bordeaux Classification, as it was a consistent producer of the world’s most expensive and highly rated red Bordeaux wines.
The name “Lafite” is derived from a Gascon term “la hite” signifying a small hill. Chateau Lafite Rothschild also produce a second wine in addition to their first growth, called Carruades de Lafite.
15,000 – 20,000 cases
First Growth - Premier Cru
Pauillac/Medoc - Left Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.