Dark dense ruby/purple, with very little evolution to the color, Lafleur’s 1986 seems frozen in time, a structured, tannic, backward monster that still needs considerable cellaring. No matter how much airing I have given this wine, it does not ever seem to emerge from its cloak of tannin and structure. The fruit seems sweet, and the wine has Lafleur’s telltale notes of kirsch liqueur intermixed with raspberries, minerals, flowers, and truffles. The wine is medium-bodied, weighty in the mouth, but so, so tannic and backward. Will it ever blossom? Anticipated maturity: 2008-2035. Last tasted, 8/02.
Chateau Lafleur is a Bordeaux winery based in the Pomerol appellation, on the Right Bank of Bordeaux, France. Located in the Gironde department, it is an unclassified wine (like all wines from this region) yet is a highly rated wine, amongst the world’s elite. Year after year, Chateau Lafleur produces top wines always commanding high prices at auctions and sales.
Since the year 1984 Chateau Lafleur has also produced a second wine labeled Les Pensees de Lafleur, which is commonly regarded as an ‘insider’s secret’ throughout the wine industry. The wine estate of Chateau Lafleur spans a mere 4 hectares and produces around 1,500 cases a year of its premier wine. In total, Chateau Lafleur has an output of just under 2,000 cases a year.
1,000 - 1,500 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.