Lafleur has fashioned a blockbuster wine in 1992 that must be tasted to be believed. After seeing so many diluted, light, soft wines, it is hard to believe the level of concentration Lafleur achieved. Lafleur's color is an impressively saturated dark purple/black. The tight nose offers up sweet cassis and jammy black-cherry scents, intertwined with aromas of Asian spices and minerals. The wine possesses great richness, medium to full body, admirable density, layers of ripe fruit that linger on the palate, considerable tannin, and remarkable length. This would be a great wine in any vintage, but in 1992 it is a remarkable achievement. An amazing wine for the year! Anticipated maturity: 2000-2015.
Chateau Lafleur is a Bordeaux winery based in the Pomerol appellation, on the Right Bank of Bordeaux, France. Located in the Gironde department, it is an unclassified wine (like all wines from this region) yet is a highly rated wine, amongst the world’s elite. Year after year, Chateau Lafleur produces top wines always commanding high prices at auctions and sales.
Since the year 1984 Chateau Lafleur has also produced a second wine labeled Les Pensees de Lafleur, which is commonly regarded as an ‘insider’s secret’ throughout the wine industry. The wine estate of Chateau Lafleur spans a mere 4 hectares and produces around 1,500 cases a year of its premier wine. In total, Chateau Lafleur has an output of just under 2,000 cases a year.
1,000 - 1,500 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.