This is an awesome Lafleur, but it is also an amazingly backward, tannic monster that will need more cellaring than any Medoc in this vintage. The wine boasts an opaque black/purple color, as well as a closed but promising nose that represents the essence of blackberry, raspberry, and cherry fruit. Intertwined with those aromas is the tell-tale mineral terroir of Lafleur, full body, blistering dry, astringent tannin, and a layered, weighty feel on the palate. This is the kind of young claret that I couldn't wait to rush out and buy two decades ago, but now I have to be content to admire it and wish I were twenty years younger. It is formidable, prodigious, and oh, so promising, but I cannot see it being ready to drink before the end of the second decade of the next century! Anticipated maturity: 2020-2050.
Chateau Lafleur is a Bordeaux winery based in the Pomerol appellation, on the Right Bank of Bordeaux, France. Located in the Gironde department, it is an unclassified wine (like all wines from this region) yet is a highly rated wine, amongst the world’s elite. Year after year, Chateau Lafleur produces top wines always commanding high prices at auctions and sales.
Since the year 1984 Chateau Lafleur has also produced a second wine labeled Les Pensees de Lafleur, which is commonly regarded as an ‘insider’s secret’ throughout the wine industry. The wine estate of Chateau Lafleur spans a mere 4 hectares and produces around 1,500 cases a year of its premier wine. In total, Chateau Lafleur has an output of just under 2,000 cases a year.
1,000 - 1,500 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.