Sadly, there are only 1,000 cases of the brilliant 2004 Lafleur (because of the strict selection implemented by proprietor Jacques Guinaudeau and his son, Baptiste). A blend of 60% Merlot and 40% Cabernet Franc, the 2004 presently possesses a certain austerity, along with fabulous concentration, and intense kirsch liqueur, licorice, truffle, and spice characteristics. Stunningly proportioned, medium to full-bodied, and powerful, it comes across like a modern day version of Lafleur’s brilliant 1979. The aromatics can fill a room, but the tannins kick in in the mouth. Give this Pomerol 5-8 years of cellaring, and drink it over the following 25+.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Lafleur is a Bordeaux winery based in the Pomerol appellation, on the Right Bank of Bordeaux, France. Located in the Gironde department, it is an unclassified wine (like all wines from this region) yet is a highly rated wine, amongst the world’s elite. Year after year, Chateau Lafleur produces top wines always commanding high prices at auctions and sales.
Since the year 1984 Chateau Lafleur has also produced a second wine labeled Les Pensees de Lafleur, which is commonly regarded as an ‘insider’s secret’ throughout the wine industry. The wine estate of Chateau Lafleur spans a mere 4 hectares and produces around 1,500 cases a year of its premier wine. In total, Chateau Lafleur has an output of just under 2,000 cases a year.
1,000 - 1,500 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.