The first of a succession of brilliant wines that have emerged from this previously moribund estate over the last decade, the fully mature 2000 Lascombes is an outstanding effort. Notes of cedarwood, roasted herbs, incense, black cherries, and currants emerge from this medium-bodied, evolved Margaux. Consume it over the next 7-8 years. *** The first superb Lascombes in nearly 35 years, this generous, deep ruby/purple-colored 2000 does not possess the complexity or finesse of the 2001, but offers plenty of perfumed, smoky licorice, black currant, and cherry fruit in a medium-bodied, long, concentrated style with no hard edges. While it possesses a more muscular, tannic character than the 2001, it is clearly the finest wine made at this estate since their classic 1966 and 1970. Anticipated maturity: 2006-2016.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Lascombes is a top fine wine producer located in the Margaux appellation of Bordeaux, France. As designated by the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855, Chateau Lascombes holds the rank of Second Growth.
In addition to its primary wine, Chateau Lascombes produces a second wine labeled Chevalier de Lascombes. Of the two premier fine wines, over 300,000 bottles are shipped out each and every year.
The vineyards at Chateau Lascombes contain a grape selection of around 50% Merlot, 45% Cabernet Sauvignon and another 5% Petit Verdot. Usually, these outstanding fine wines are mature enough to drink in just under 10 years, and can keep well for up to 30 years.
20,000 - 22,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.