A candidate for one of the top wines of the vintage, Lascombes has turned in a brilliant effort with a deep ruby/purple color as well as gorgeous aromas of plums, cassis, black cherries, and flowers. It boasts a terrific texture, medium to full body, an expansive, multi-layered mid-palate and a tremendously pure finish revealing nicely integrated wood, acidity, alcohol, and tannin. This is a beauty of precision and power. Anticipated maturity: 2007-2020. *** Several samples of this wine revealed beautiful fruit, a creamy texture, sweet tannin, but a heavy hand with the oak component. The bouquet offers aromas of espresso and black fruits. There is outstanding purity as well as a supple texture, but the wood must become better integrated for this 2002 to merit an outstanding score. Anticipated maturity: 2007-2014
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Lascombes is a top fine wine producer located in the Margaux appellation of Bordeaux, France. As designated by the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855, Chateau Lascombes holds the rank of Second Growth.
In addition to its primary wine, Chateau Lascombes produces a second wine labeled Chevalier de Lascombes. Of the two premier fine wines, over 300,000 bottles are shipped out each and every year.
The vineyards at Chateau Lascombes contain a grape selection of around 50% Merlot, 45% Cabernet Sauvignon and another 5% Petit Verdot. Usually, these outstanding fine wines are mature enough to drink in just under 10 years, and can keep well for up to 30 years.
20,000 - 22,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.