Another incredibly successful sleeper of the vintage, the 2008 Lascombes confirms just how many top 2008s were produced. A dark plum/ruby/purple-tinged color is followed by a sexy, up-front perfume of forest floor, damp earth, blue and red fruits and a touch of spicy oak. Lush with low acidity and sweet tannin, it appears to be a bigger version of the stunning 2008 Malescot St.-Exupery. Drink it over the next 15 or more years – it is well-worth buying by the case. *** Sweet plum, black cherry, and cassis notes intermixed with floral, licorice, spice box, and forest floor scents result in a complex set of aromatics. The wine possesses medium to full body, a round, gentle mouthfeel, ripe tannin, and fresh acids with no evidence of oak. This is a more restrained, less exuberant effort than Lascombes has produced in several recent vintages. Drink this impressively-endowed, well-made 2008 between 2011-2030+.
Chateau Lascombes is a top fine wine producer located in the Margaux appellation of Bordeaux, France. As designated by the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855, Chateau Lascombes holds the rank of Second Growth.
In addition to its primary wine, Chateau Lascombes produces a second wine labeled Chevalier de Lascombes. Of the two premier fine wines, over 300,000 bottles are shipped out each and every year.
The vineyards at Chateau Lascombes contain a grape selection of around 50% Merlot, 45% Cabernet Sauvignon and another 5% Petit Verdot. Usually, these outstanding fine wines are mature enough to drink in just under 10 years, and can keep well for up to 30 years.
20,000 - 22,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.