The 2009, which is inky blue/purple to the rim, is a final blend of 48% Cabernet Sauvignon, 48% Merlot and 4% Petit Verdot at 14% natural alcohol. The wine has a beautiful blueberry-scented nose with hints of acacia flowers, licorice, graphite and some subtle charcoal and background oak. Clearly a modern style of Margaux, it is pure, seamless, full-bodied and opulent, and the high glycerin and silky texture of 2009 are brilliantly displayed in this wine. Drink it over the next 15+ years, although it is certainly capable of lasting well past two decades. * One of the more difficult estates to manage in southern Margaux is the 300 acres of Lascombes, subdivided into at least 40 to 50 separate plots, making harvest decisions, ripening, and related issues a strategic nightmare. Nevertheless, they seem to have hit pay dirt frequently over the last decade plus.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Lascombes is a top fine wine producer located in the Margaux appellation of Bordeaux, France. As designated by the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855, Chateau Lascombes holds the rank of Second Growth.
In addition to its primary wine, Chateau Lascombes produces a second wine labeled Chevalier de Lascombes. Of the two premier fine wines, over 300,000 bottles are shipped out each and every year.
The vineyards at Chateau Lascombes contain a grape selection of around 50% Merlot, 45% Cabernet Sauvignon and another 5% Petit Verdot. Usually, these outstanding fine wines are mature enough to drink in just under 10 years, and can keep well for up to 30 years.
20,000 - 22,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.