A brilliant offering, which should be drinkable much earlier than the blockbuster 2000, the 2001 Latour boasts an inky/ruby/purple color to the rim as well as a glorious bouquet of black currants, crushed stones, vanilla, and hints of truffles and oak. A blend of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon and the balance primarily Merlot with a touch of Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, it reveals a sweetness on the palate that is atypical for such a young Latour. The beautiful integration of tannin, acidity, and wood is stunning. The wine flows across the palate with fabulous texture, purity, and presence. This luscious, full-bodied Latour was surprisingly open-knit on the three occasions I tasted it from bottle. However, do not mistake its aging ability as this 2001, despite its precociousness, will last 20-25 years. Anticipated maturity: 2007-2025.
Chateau Latour is a world renowned French wine estate, located in Pauillac, in the Medoc region of Bordeaux, France. Latour is in the north-west of Bordeaux, sharing a border with Saint-Julien, a stone’s throw away from the banks of the Gironde estuary.
Chateau Latour was rewarded the status of “first growth” in the 1855 Bordeaux Classification, due to its production of the highest quality wines throughout the years.
Chateau Latour produces three wines; the primary wine - Grand Vin de Chateau Latour, a second wine labeled Les Forts de Latour (available since 1966) and a third wine, Le Pauillac, launched in 1973. Always amongst the elite and expensive, an Imperial (6 liter bottle) of Chateau Latour was auctioned for £ 135,000 in 2011.
15,000 - 18,000 cases
First Growth - Premier Cru
Medoc - Left Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.