A blend of 91.3% Cabernet Sauvignon and 8.7% Merlot with just under 14% natural alcohol, the 2009 Latour is basically a clone of the super 2003, only more structured and potentially more massive and long lived. An elixir of momentous proportions, it boasts a dense purple color as well as an extraordinarily flamboyant bouquet of black fruits, graphite, crushed rocks, subtle oak and a notion of wet steel. It hits the palate with a thundering concoction of thick, juicy blue and black fruits, lead pencil shavings and a chalky minerality. Full-bodied, but very fresh with a finish that lasts over a minute, this is one of the most remarkable young wines I have ever tasted. Will it last one-hundred years? No doubt about it. Can it be drunk in a decade? For sure.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Latour is a world renowned French wine estate, located in Pauillac, in the Medoc region of Bordeaux, France. Latour is in the north-west of Bordeaux, sharing a border with Saint-Julien, a stone’s throw away from the banks of the Gironde estuary.
Chateau Latour was rewarded the status of “first growth” in the 1855 Bordeaux Classification, due to its production of the highest quality wines throughout the years.
Chateau Latour produces three wines; the primary wine - Grand Vin de Chateau Latour, a second wine labeled Les Forts de Latour (available since 1966) and a third wine, Le Pauillac, launched in 1973. Always amongst the elite and expensive, an Imperial (6 liter bottle) of Chateau Latour was auctioned for £ 135,000 in 2011.
15,000 - 18,000 cases
First Growth - Premier Cru
Medoc - Left Bank
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.