Le Pin 1982
Chateau Le Pin
Probably not a perfect wine for the classicist, this flamboyant, exotic, lavishly rich, concentrated, low acid fruit bomb exhibits remarkable aromatic complexity (espresso roast, roasted herbs, caramel, chocolate, and oodles of sweet plum, fig, and berry fruit). It is very jammy and incredibly low in acidity, but it is still intact, and the dense plum/garnet color is just beginning to show some lightening at the edge. This is another 1982 that I thought would have one, possibly two feet in the grave at age 27, but lo and behold, it is still going strong. Release price: ($400.00/case)
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Le Pin
Chateau Le Pin is a world famous wine growing estate based in Bordeaux, France. Falling under the directives of the Pomerol appellation, this relatively small chateau is on the right bank of the Gironde estuary. Although miniscule in terms of size, when compared with the other wine estates in Bordeaux, France – Chateau Le Pin consistently produces the world’s most expensive and highly rated red wines.
The name Le Pin is derived from a solitary pine tree that grows near the winery, and as of 2012 the estate spans a mere 2.7 hectares. Le Pin bottles and cases are a constant presence in the wine market, fetching high prices year after year; a fact that is somewhat justified by the fact that only around 700 cases are produced each year.
600 - 700 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.