Le Pin 1984
Chateau Le Pin
Last Tasted 6/92. Even in this tough vintage, where so many wines remain astringent, green, and lean, Le Pin managed to fashion a wine with some sweet, ripe fruit. The color is still deep ruby with no signs of amber. Although there is good roundness and ripeness, overall the wine exhibits a somewhat one-dimensional personality. It can be drunk now or cellared for another 5-6 years. *** This must be one of the finest examples of the 1984 vintage. The sweet, oaky, herb, coffee, chocolatey aroma is a real turn-on. In the mouth, this round, opulent, shockingly ripe (particularly for the vintage) wine is loaded with fruit, and finishes with a velvety, spicy taste. Anticipated maturity: Now. Last tasted, 11/90.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Le Pin
Chateau Le Pin is a world famous wine growing estate based in Bordeaux, France. Falling under the directives of the Pomerol appellation, this relatively small chateau is on the right bank of the Gironde estuary. Although miniscule in terms of size, when compared with the other wine estates in Bordeaux, France – Chateau Le Pin consistently produces the world’s most expensive and highly rated red wines.
The name Le Pin is derived from a solitary pine tree that grows near the winery, and as of 2012 the estate spans a mere 2.7 hectares. Le Pin bottles and cases are a constant presence in the wine market, fetching high prices year after year; a fact that is somewhat justified by the fact that only around 700 cases are produced each year.
600 - 700 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.