Le Pin 1993
Chateau Le Pin
This micro-estate is easy to criticize given the absurd prices ($8,000-$12,000 per case!) the 500 or so cases fetch in the auction markets. Le Pin is one of the most exotic, concentrated, flashy wines of Bordeaux, but when it is selling at six times the price of wines such as Clinet, La Conseillante, L'Evangile, and La Fleur de Gay, readers are justified in thinking that some wine buyers have lost their sense of reality. The 1993 reveals the evolved dark plum/garnet color of Le Pin, as well as an exotic, kinky, oaky, herb, coffee, jammy, black-cherry-scented nose. The exaggerated aromatics are followed by a not-surprisingly decadent, delicious, low acid, medium-bodied wine crammed with fruit. Those of us who can remember as children gorging ourselves on lavishly rich banana splits, hot fudge sundaes, etc., will no doubt appreciate that in wine terms, this is what Le Pin offers. Anticipated maturity: now-2010.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Le Pin
Chateau Le Pin is a world famous wine growing estate based in Bordeaux, France. Falling under the directives of the Pomerol appellation, this relatively small chateau is on the right bank of the Gironde estuary. Although miniscule in terms of size, when compared with the other wine estates in Bordeaux, France – Chateau Le Pin consistently produces the world’s most expensive and highly rated red wines.
The name Le Pin is derived from a solitary pine tree that grows near the winery, and as of 2012 the estate spans a mere 2.7 hectares. Le Pin bottles and cases are a constant presence in the wine market, fetching high prices year after year; a fact that is somewhat justified by the fact that only around 700 cases are produced each year.
600 - 700 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.