Le Pin 2006
Chateau Le Pin
Exotic, as it often can be, with super-ripe mulberry and black cherry fruit to the point of near-kirsch liqueur, with notes of licorice, truffle, and forest floor, this is a full-bodied, concentrated wine with a slight tannic bite to the finish. There is good freshness, depth, and power, and despite the flamboyant aromatics, this wine needs a good 3-5 years of cellaring and should keep for 15 or more years. *** This micro-cuvee of 500-600 cases of 100% Merlot offers exotic pain grille notes interwoven with lavish quantities of black, blue, and red fruits, an unctuous texture, and beautiful purity as well as length. Full-bodied with velvety tannins as well as extravagant fruit, it should drink well for 20-25 years. Sadly, most consumers can neither afford nor find this stunning Pomerol.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Le Pin
Chateau Le Pin is a world famous wine growing estate based in Bordeaux, France. Falling under the directives of the Pomerol appellation, this relatively small chateau is on the right bank of the Gironde estuary. Although miniscule in terms of size, when compared with the other wine estates in Bordeaux, France – Chateau Le Pin consistently produces the world’s most expensive and highly rated red wines.
The name Le Pin is derived from a solitary pine tree that grows near the winery, and as of 2012 the estate spans a mere 2.7 hectares. Le Pin bottles and cases are a constant presence in the wine market, fetching high prices year after year; a fact that is somewhat justified by the fact that only around 700 cases are produced each year.
600 - 700 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.