Le Pin 2008
Chateau Le Pin
This is an elegant, sexy, aromatic style of Le Pin, with a dark plum/purple-tinged color and a seductive nose of caramel, mocha, jammy black cherries and currants, as well as hints of wood and earth. Medium to full-bodied and round, with no hard edges, this lush style of wine should drink nicely for another 15 or more years. *** This wine had finished malolactic fermentation, but it was still very primary and largely unevolved. There will be approximately 525 cases of this 100% Merlot in 2008. A dense purple color is followed by notes of cassis, kirsch, plums, and hints of underbrush as well as roasted coffee beans. The wine possesses superb concentration, beautiful freshness, and an opulent, dense style with exceptionally sweet tannin. It will be an outrageously good Pomerol to consume over the next 25 years.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Le Pin
Chateau Le Pin is a world famous wine growing estate based in Bordeaux, France. Falling under the directives of the Pomerol appellation, this relatively small chateau is on the right bank of the Gironde estuary. Although miniscule in terms of size, when compared with the other wine estates in Bordeaux, France – Chateau Le Pin consistently produces the world’s most expensive and highly rated red wines.
The name Le Pin is derived from a solitary pine tree that grows near the winery, and as of 2012 the estate spans a mere 2.7 hectares. Le Pin bottles and cases are a constant presence in the wine market, fetching high prices year after year; a fact that is somewhat justified by the fact that only around 700 cases are produced each year.
600 - 700 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.