L'Eglise Clinet 2010
Chateau L'Eglise Clinet
This wine will likely be a major superstar with about 10-15 years of cellaring. It was one of the more closed and difficult wines to penetrate and one of probably only a dozen or so 2010s that I only had one chance to taste from bottle, but it is loaded with fabulous raw materials. The 2010 is a profound effort, but it needs to be forgotten for at least a decade. This opaque purple wine offers up notes of caramelized black currant and black cherry candies intermixed with some very high class, subtle vanillin and toast. Hints of licorice, mocha and perhaps even a touch of chocolate are also present in this full-bodied, super-duper, concentrated, classic wine, which has everything in perfect proportions. But in the finish, its whoppingly big tannins kick in and basically announce that drinking this wine now would be infanticide. Look for this wine to last for at least 50+ years. Proprietor Denis Durantou has been on a hot streak, and is one of those perfectionist proprietors who seems tortured by their compulsion to do everything so well. Believe me, as a wine drinker, you want people like Durantou making the wines!
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau L'Eglise Clinet
Chateau L’Eglise Clinet is a wine estate producing luxury wines of exceptional quality, based in the Pomerol Appellation in Bordeaux, France. As a fine wine from the Right Bank Chateau L’Eglise Clinet remains officially unclassified, however, the reputation and status of the Chateau is up there with the best wineries in the world.
Chateau L’Eglise Clinet spans roughly 5 hectares in the wine growing region of Pomerol, and is mainly clay and gravel. The grape variety consists of 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc. Due to the natural slopes in and around the plots there is no excess water, which may play a part in the production of this elite wine. Annually, Chateau L’Eglise Clinet produces between 1,800 and 2,500 cases of wine.
1,800 - 2,500 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.