Dark plum/garnet with some lightening at the edge, this wine has that tell-tale characteristic of the vintage – licorice, underbrush, and compost intermixed with plum, blackberry, and currant fruit. The wine shows sweetness on the attack but then becomes a bit desiccated and medium-bodied, with some dry, hard tannins in the finish. It is fully mature, but not likely to become any more graceful. Anticipated maturity: Now-2010. Last tasted, 3/01.
Chateau L’Evangile is a prominent Bordeaux wine producer from the Pomerol Appellation in Bordeaux, France. As it is a right bank wine, based in the commune of Pomerol, it remains unclassified. Nevertheless, Chateau L’Evangile remains a much sought after wine due to the outstanding production process and the exceptional quality of the fine wine.
Chateau L’Evangile is situated on the border of the Saint Emilion region, along with a few other prestigious wineries such as Chateau Petrus, Chateau La Conseillante and Chateau Cheval Blanc. After numerous changes in ownership, it was finally acquired by Domaines Barons de Rothschild in 1990, also owners of the esteemed Chateau Lafite Rothschild.
The vinyards of Chateau L’Evangile measure around 16 hectares with an annual output of around 2,000 – 3,000 cases. Additionally, a second wine is also in production, labeled Blason de L’Evangile.
2,000 - 3,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.