The 2013 l'Evangile shows a slightly deeper color as well as more noticeable ripe raspberry and black cherry fruit intermixed with notions of licorice and incense. Again, there is no hint of herbaceousness or tannic astringency in this mid-weight, slightly superficial, but charming, pretty 2013. Consume it over the next 7-8 years. This magnificent estate owned by the Rothschild family appears to be the number one challenger to the supremacy of Petrus, one of its neighbors. The owners have purchased 15 acres from La Croix de Gay, all on the high plateau of Pomerol. Consequently, l'Evangile now covers 55 acres and 37 different parcels. Obviously, 2013 was a challenge from the beginning, although the 2013 l-Evangile has turned out to be charming, fruity and easy-to-drink. The problem is the price of entry for a good rather than inspirational effort.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau L’Evangile is a prominent Bordeaux wine producer from the Pomerol Appellation in Bordeaux, France. As it is a right bank wine, based in the commune of Pomerol, it remains unclassified. Nevertheless, Chateau L’Evangile remains a much sought after wine due to the outstanding production process and the exceptional quality of the fine wine.
Chateau L’Evangile is situated on the border of the Saint Emilion region, along with a few other prestigious wineries such as Chateau Petrus, Chateau La Conseillante and Chateau Cheval Blanc. After numerous changes in ownership, it was finally acquired by Domaines Barons de Rothschild in 1990, also owners of the esteemed Chateau Lafite Rothschild.
The vinyards of Chateau L’Evangile measure around 16 hectares with an annual output of around 2,000 – 3,000 cases. Additionally, a second wine is also in production, labeled Blason de L’Evangile.
2,000 - 3,000 cases
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.