Lynch Bages 1982
Chateau Lynch Bages
Beautifully mature with sweet, sun-drenched black currant, fig, roasted herb and loamy soil characteristics, the dark plum/garnet-colored 1982 possesses opulent, fleshy flavors and a full-bodied finish. All the tannins are resolved, the acidity is low and this deliciously savory, rich wine is in full bloom. Drink the complex, beautiful 1982 now and over the next decade. *** One of the most drinkable, complex, and tasty 1982s of the northern Medoc, this wine is beginning to reach its plateau of full maturity. Still a dense ruby/purple color with some lightening at the edge, it offers up classic aromas of cedar wood, fruitcake, tobacco leaf, and creme de cassis. This full-bodied, opulent, fleshy, sexy Pauillac can be drunk now with great pleasure and complexity, or cellared for another 10-15 years. Release price: ($150.00/case)
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Lynch Bages
Chateau Lynch Bages is a famed wine producer based in the Pauillac region of Bordeaux, France. The primary wine, also called Chateau Lynch Bages is one of 18 Fifth Growths as deemed by the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855.
Chateau Lynch Bages is an impressive estate measuring 90 hectares, located just outside the town of Pauillac. The grape selection is mainly red wine grapes, with 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. Chateau Lynch Bages also owns a smaller plot of vineyards growing white wine grapes; mainly Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc and Muscadelle.
The second wine of this top quality chateau is labeled Echo de Lynch Bages, and meanwhile, a third line of wines has been added, called Pauillac de Lynch Bages.
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.