Lynch Bages 1985
Chateau Lynch Bages
Fully mature with some amber at the edge, the medium-bodied, elegant 1985 offers notes of bay leaves, roasted herbs, black currants and sweet cherries. This vintage has always had an early appeal and seductiveness. It is unlikely to get any better, so owners should consume it over the next 5-7 years. *** The 1985 has been totally disarming, seductive, and sexy since birth. Its corpulence, medium to full-bodied personality, low acidity, attractive silkiness, and copious quantities of herb-tinged cassis fruit have always made this wine a winner. It is beginning to display a few signs that it is at its peak of maturity and will not get any better. In fact, it might be best consumed over the next 5-10 years. As it sat in the glass, the 1985 faded more than any other vintage, but its immense up-front pleasure cannot be denied. This is a wine to decant right before serving, and not to linger over. It is a beautiful, elegant style of Lynch Bages. It is sure to please both connoisseurs and neophytes.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Lynch Bages
Chateau Lynch Bages is a famed wine producer based in the Pauillac region of Bordeaux, France. The primary wine, also called Chateau Lynch Bages is one of 18 Fifth Growths as deemed by the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855.
Chateau Lynch Bages is an impressive estate measuring 90 hectares, located just outside the town of Pauillac. The grape selection is mainly red wine grapes, with 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. Chateau Lynch Bages also owns a smaller plot of vineyards growing white wine grapes; mainly Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc and Muscadelle.
The second wine of this top quality chateau is labeled Echo de Lynch Bages, and meanwhile, a third line of wines has been added, called Pauillac de Lynch Bages.
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.