Lynch Bages 2002
Chateau Lynch Bages
Bell pepper, cigar box, red as well as black currant notes, dusty, earthy tannins, and a medium-bodied personality make for a good but uninspiring effort. Drink the 2002 over the next 5-10 years. *** The 2002 has turned out lighter and more herbaceous than I would have guessed. This medium-bodied wine reveals a dark ruby/purple-tinged color, and hints of cedar wood and tobacco in an evolved aromatic display which also includes herbs and black currants. Attractive in a superficial way, there is some tannin, but also a softness and charm. Drink it over the next 10-12 years.
Robert Parker score
* price for one OWC (original wooden case) in perfect condition – 12x75cl per OWC
Last Update October 2015
Chateau Lynch Bages
Chateau Lynch Bages is a famed wine producer based in the Pauillac region of Bordeaux, France. The primary wine, also called Chateau Lynch Bages is one of 18 Fifth Growths as deemed by the Bordeaux Wine Official Classification of 1855.
Chateau Lynch Bages is an impressive estate measuring 90 hectares, located just outside the town of Pauillac. The grape selection is mainly red wine grapes, with 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 2% Petit Verdot. Chateau Lynch Bages also owns a smaller plot of vineyards growing white wine grapes; mainly Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc and Muscadelle.
The second wine of this top quality chateau is labeled Echo de Lynch Bages, and meanwhile, a third line of wines has been added, called Pauillac de Lynch Bages.
DISCLAIMER - Bordeaux Traders © 2015
- - All prices are only for perfect OWC's (Original Wooden Case) = 12 * 750 ml bottles.
- - All stocks are of verified European provenance.
- - Bordeaux Traders holds no responsibility over accuracy of information.
- - Images may not reflect wines held in stock.
- - Current Price is an indicative figure from market average; actual market value may vary.
- - Due to constant market evolution, buy/sell prices may be subject to change.